A project has been launched to digitize the Irish College Historical Archives. The objectives are threefold: to facilitate access for researchers, to give a new visibility to the collection and to ensure the preservation of the more fragile items by limiting the amount of handling of the originals.
Thanks to the financial support of the Irish Governement and French National Library, 4300 individual documents have been digitized so far, which represents more than 24 000 images.
This selection represents 20% of the collection and was based on the following criteria:
- Oldest, rare and precious documents
- Documents containing lists of students, teachers or names of other persons related to the Irish College
- Documents relating to the administration of the Irish College Paris, the Arcueil country house, and the various Irish Colleges in France (Nantes, Bordeaux, Douai…)
- Illustrations (photographs, drawings, maps, plans)
- Documents relating to the bursaries which were granted to the Irish students coming to Paris
The digitized archives are accessible to all, free of charge.
Du lundi au vendredi : 14h - 18h Nocturne le mercredi jusqu'à 20h Fermé week-end et jours fériés
Le Centre Culturel Irlandais est fermé, suite aux annonces gouvernementales
Où nous trouver ?
Tout près du Panthéon !
Centre Culturel Irlandais
5, rue des Irlandais - 75005 Paris
RER B : Luxembourg
Métros : M10 Cardinal Lemoine / M7 Place Monge
Bus : 84, 89, 21, 27